All Natuzzi Editions brand sofas and armchairs are covered by statutory guarantee and by a manufacturer’s warranty according to this warranty certificate and the applicable legislation. Your statutory rights are not affected. Please read this certificate carefully. To request service under the manufacturer’s warranty, follow the instructions set out below.
Registering your manufacturer’s warranty
To activate your warranty, please: fill in the warranty registration coupon on the website www.natuzzieditions.us or at the store where the product was purchased. On the coupon, enter the product identification code, which you can find on the back of this certificate or on the underside of the product. If you have bought several products, enter their respective identification codes on the same coupon. Please note that removing the label from the underside of the product invalidates the manufacturer’s warranty. You must register the manufacturer’s warranty within 15 days of taking delivery of the product. This warranty applies only to products used domestically, i.e. within a normal residential setting and in accordance with the maintenance and usage instructions in the information booklet that accompanies each product.
Subject of the manufacturer’s warranty and limits of validity
To request service under this warranty, you must contact the retailer from which the item was bought; include the purchase document, which clearly states the name of the retailer, the date of purchase, and the product details. Service may be obtained under this warranty when, under normal conditions of use, the purchased product has non-conformities that were not recognisable at the time of delivery and that are attributable to the manufacturer, after the product has been inspected, as required. The manufacturer offers no guarantees other than those stated here; your statutory rights under the relevant mandatory legal measures are not affected. The retailer and/or third parties may not alter the terms of this warranty, nor may they issue any other warranty statements in any form on the manufacturer’s behalf. This warranty is valid for two years from the date of delivery of the product. It covers non-conformities in cushions, mattresses, reclining mechanisms, stitching, manual and/or electronic mechanisms, suspension systems (webbing) and upholstery, that are not due to normal use. After the first year, the warranty covers only the parts and materials needed for repairs, but not labour costs. All NATUZZI EDITIONS sofas and armchairs are protected not only by the statutory guarantee applicable in the country where you bought the product but also by an additional 10-year manufacturer’s warranty, running from the time of delivery and limited to the sofas’ and armchairs’ inner (load-bearing) wooden frame.
This warranty does not cover:
- non-conformities in products bought for nonresidential uses, i.e. in environments other than the product’s normal residential setting
- faults or defects due to accidental damage
- natural markings or creases caused by damage to the leather or by variations in the grain and colour due to the leather’s natural properties (characteristics that simply reflect the use of real leather)
- cracking or peeling of the leather
- damage caused by animals, burns, cuts, or other forms of improper use
- damage caused by the user’s negligence or by unsuitable cleaning or treatment of the upholstery
- damage to the leather or fabrics caused by the application of inappropriate chemicals, detergents, softeners or treatments not authorised by the manufacturer
- damage caused by corrosive materials, such as acids, solvents, dyes, inks, paints, or human or animal body fluids
- damage from direct exposure to sunlight and/or heat sources, and similar conditions, with resulting discolouration
- product damage due to abuse, improper use, or force majeure
- damage due to incorrect transport or handling of the product
- items sold as samples, as used goods, or “as is”
- damage due to repairs made by people not authorised by the manufacturer
- matters interpreted as non-conformities because of incorrect information from, or negligence by, the retailer
- claims for furniture that has been tampered with or whose identification-code label has been removed from the underside of the product
- compensation for indirect or consequential damage (e.g. the normal inconvenience and/or lost time entailed in repairing or replacing products) or for the NATUZZI EDITIONS total or partial loss of use of the product
- solutions that cost more than, or the same as, the product’s purchase price
- a ny costs of packing and transport to and from the manufacturer’s or retailer’s premises or other point determined by the manufacturer
- softening of the cushions with use, which must not in any way be interpreted as a loss of resilience due to production faults, defects in materials, or nonconformities of any kind
- claims concerning any features intrinsic to the product’s handcrafted nature, such as slight variations in the pitch of the stitching, tolerances in the alignment of the cushions, the product’s measurements, and any other slight difference which is due to the handcrafted nature of the product and/ or the manual techniques employed.
How to request service under the warranty
(exclusively for work under the manufacturer’s warranty and not for work covered by the statutory guarantee) To make a claim under the manufacturer’s warranty, as soon as you notice a non-conformity – and, in any case, within the maximum claims period set under the relevant local legislation – you must request assistance from the retailer from which you bought the product. You must send your request together with the purchase document stating the delivery date, the product identification code (see the label on the underside of the product), and photographic evidence of the fault or defect. Within a reasonable time period, the vendor will make an inspection to verify the extent of the defects. If the retailer decides that the product contains manufacturing defects covered by this warranty, then it will send the request for service on to the manufacturer. The manufacturer will repair or replace the product or part of it, at its own discretion, within a reasonable time period, after completing any further checks that the reported non-conformities or defects exist and that they are covered by this warranty; these checks may be made by the manufacturer or by one of its representatives. If, at the time of repair, identical materials to those considered non-conforming or defective are not available, then the manufacturer reserves the right to substitute those materials with others of equal quality and economic value.
Consumers’ legal rights
The benefits provided under the manufacturer’s warranty are additional to your rights and remedies under the consumer-protection laws and regulations applicable in the country of purchase – these statutory rights are not affected in any way. The specific consumer rights protected by this warranty may vary from country to country.